When I make recipes I can’t stand how they look when they’re printed. I been making sourdough based on The Ultimate Homemade Sourdough Recipe and I do it enough that I need a reference but I don’t need all the details. So I created the following reference.
Download One-Page PDF Reference
- 175g mixed up sourdough starter
- 35g mature sourdough starter (just a little bit from your mother starter)
- 35g whole wheat flour
- 35g all purpose flour
- 70g room temperature water
- 804g good bread flour
- 75g whole wheat flour
- 600g-660g water @90F/32C (less in the summer, more in winter)
- 18g fine sea salt
- 40g water
- 3.5 hours wait.
- Dough Flour + Water.
- 1.5 hours wait.
- Add Levain to Flour+Water, Rubaud mix it up.
- Slap and fold on counter until smooth then back in the bowl.
- 25 min wait.
- Add Salt and Water to mix.
- Slap and fold on counter until smooth then back to the bowl.
- 4.5 hours fermenting. * 3x 15 min wait then Fold * 3x 30 min wait then Fold
- Dump and split in two.
- Preshape to ball.
- 20 min rest.
- Shoelace shaping: * Flour top. * Loosen bottom. * Flip a dip. * Fold in to the center: bottom, left, right, top * Shoelace fold: top, middle, bottom. * Fold and roll up from the bottom. * Tuck in the bottom.
- Flour a shaping apparatus, put in with dough seam up.
- 500 degree preheat the oven (~1 hour)
- Put dough in a pan.
- Don’t forget to slice the top of the dough.
- 20 min cook.
- Remove lid.
- 450 oven temp.
- 10-20 min cook to preference * 10 for softer crust * 15 pretty good * 20 can get a little too deeply burnt
- Cool it.